With the rapid advancements and competition in the commerce environment, it’s becoming increasingly challenging for businesses to optimize their own benefit. Upgrading your Magento store is a vital part of making sure your site has access to all the technological improvements being regularly released. So, updating quickly the latest versions is extremely important for developers to bring the best results to users.
After launching Magento 2.3.3, most developers are looking forward to the next release in 2020. What’s new in the latest version of the Magento open-source that developers need to note?
Magento 2.3.4 includes open-source and commerce was published on January, 13 (13/01/2020) with full release note and it becomes a hot topic for all developers and Magento experts to discuss.
It offers significant platform upgrades, substantial security changes, and PSD2-compliant core payment methods. This release includes over 220 functional fixes to the core product and over 30 security enhancements.
With the security-only patch available in this release, merchants can now install time-sensitive security fixes without applying the hundreds of functional fixes and enhancements that a full quarterly release provides.
This version upgrade includes more than 30 security enhancements.
- These improvements help in the closing of cross-site scripting and remote code execution vulnerabilities. There are no confirmed records for the attack of hackers related to this. Still, Magento identified some vulnerability that can potentially exploit and can get access to the administrative control to access customer information.-
- Magento has advised taking appropriate actions such as IP whitelisting, Two-factor authentication, VPN, using a unique solution instead of /admin, and strong password so that attackers are not able to get the full control of your administrative access.
- Also, Magento has performed some fixes to core codes for security purposes. It includes the removal of custom layout updates and layout updates so that remote code execution can be removed.
- Magento has redesigned features of the content template to allow whitelisted variables that can be added to the template.
To help enhance website security and PCI compliance, this version allows enhancements as: to the message queue framework, support for MariaDB 10.2, page caching and session storage.
The core integration of the Authorize.net payment method has been deprecated and you must use the available payment on Marketplace.
Magento 2.3.4 has not been tested with PHP 7.1. PHP 7.1 reached EOL (End of Life) on December 1, 2019.
Results you give these enhance is:
- Redundant non-cached requests to the server on catalog pages have been eliminated by refactoring the customer section invalidation mechanism and improving banner cache logic.
- Added the ability to disable statistic collecting for reports module by default. (System Configuration > General > Reports > General Options)
Containing 200 enhancement to core quality which improves the quality of the Framework and these modules: catalog, sales, PayPal, Elasticsearch, import, and CMS.
Integrating with Adobe Stock image galleries: Allow users to add high-quality media assets to their website content without leaving the Magento Admin. Besides, you can optimize the searchable interface in the Magento Media Gallery.
Inventory Management enhancements for this release include:
- Addressed a known performance issue that caused higher than expected loads on the database server in scenarios involving the shopping cart.
- Updated the Inventory Reservations CLI command to reduce memory usage when finding and compensating for missing reservations on large catalogs.
- Resolved multiple quality issues, including those related to credit memos, grouped products, source, and stock mass actions.
This release includes improved GraphQL coverage for search, layered navigation, cart functionality. The following mutations/queries are available:
- Guest carts can now be merged with customer carts.
- A customer can start an order on one device and complete it on another.
- Layered navigation can use custom filters.
- You can search categories by ID, name, and/or URL key.
- The ProductInterface supports fixed product taxes (such as WEEE).
- The cart object has been enhanced to include information about promotions and applied discounts at the line and cart levels.
For information on these enhancements plus other improvements, see PWA Studio releases
Live Chat enables merchants to increase conversion rates, and keep customers coming back with real-time engagement. Especially, all Magento 2.3.x users (both Magento Open Source and Magento Commerce) can receive a free live chat agent.
Google Shopping ads Channel Release Notes describes all changes to this feature for Magento 2.3.x.
Magento 2.3.4 includes extensions developed by third-party vendors. It includes both quality and UX improvements to these extensions.
Having fixed hundreds of issues in the Magento 2.3.4 core code and it focuses mainly on shopping carts & payments, categories, payment methods, user interfaces, other general bug fixes, clean code, and performance improvement. Visit here
To see the full release notes. Here
I am feeling excited and curious about what is new is in the upcoming Magento update 2.3.5 and you also, right? Let’s wait for it together and commend down to share your opinion.