Before installing the extension, please:
1. Enable the cache by going to Backend => System => Cache Management
2. Disable Compilation by going to Backend => System => Tool => Compilation
3. If your website is live, please backup your store database and web directory.
The extension includes 2 packages: Mcore package and Easy Testimonial package. You need to install Mcore at first.
- Extract the Mcore zip file
- Use your favorite FTP/SFTP/SCP client (Filezilla, WinScp…) and upload the extracted folders directly into the root of your Magento installation.
- Extract the Easy Testimonial zip file
- Upload the extracted folders (/app, /js, /media, /skin) directly into the root of your Magento installation.
- From the backend, refresh cache at System => Cache Management. Logout and login back.
Note: If you are using custom package for your theme (not default package in magento 1.5.x, 1.6.x, 1.7.x, 1.8.x, not rwd package in magento 1.9.x, not enterprise package in magento Enterprise), you need to do following steps:
Step 1: Go to folder by path: app/design/frontend/default/default (or by path: app/design/frontend/enterprise/default if you are using magento EE), you will see the folders (/layout, /template) then upload these folders directly into your theme by path: app/design/frontend/your _package/your_theme
Step 2: Go to folder by path: skin/frontend/default/default (or by path: skin/frontend/enterprise/default if you are using magento EE), after that upload these folders (/css, /image) into your theme by path: skin/frontend/your_package/your_theme
To activate the extension, please follow this instruction
If you get a blank page or an “Access denied” message when clicking the License Activation or Extension's link in the left menu, please Go to System -> Cache Management and refresh cache , log out from the Admin Panel and then login back.
- After installing module, if it causes any negative effects on your site, you can quickly turn off the module by disabling the HM_Testimonial.xml file in app/etc/module.
- For any problems, please contact us via http://www.mage-world.com/contacts
Simply overwrite all old files, flush cache, and then re-login from the backend page (it is important to update the database properly).